Work and play, every day!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you’re passionate about the toy industry and like to have fun, please get in touch!
Supports the day to day accounting functions by performing reconciliation and posting appropriate journal entries.Qualifications
- Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Excel Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
- Prepare and post journal entries related to the company’s activity
- Review incoming orders for accuracy, contract compliance, and business guidelines
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry
- Support accounts receivable activities by confirming month-end procedures have been performed
- Reconcile bank accounts in accounting system
- Perform Balance Sheet Account reconciliations during month-end close procedures
- Perform analytics as needed
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Assist in customer credit analysis
- Maintain Customer and Vendor files
- Perform Ad Hoc projects as necessary
Reporting to: Head of Brand Development & Marketing ServicesQualifications
- Highly developed marketing skills to build brand equity and create consumer demand.
- Proficiency in digital marketing concepts, methods and practices.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills to uncover and evaluate competing opportunities, prepare reports and presentations and to read trends.
- Developed delegation and staff development expertise to oversee and manage multiple projects including the product planning, marketing plans and strategic direction.
- Exceptional communication skills verbally, written and inter-personal, to capture the essence of what is most important, including proposed content.
- Leadership skills to act as a voice of the company.
- Design, copywriting and video editing skills are a plus.
- Develops and oversees the Marketing Services Department supporting all Marketing, Promotional, Digital and e-Commerce needs for Basic Fun!’s portfolio of in-house and licensed product lines.
- Manages department workflow ensuring all deliverables are executed upon in an efficient, timely and budget friendly manner.
- Works with Brand Managers, internal counterparts, outside agencies and company resources (full time and freelance) to achieve sell in and sell through goals.
- Follows and tracks Digital Trends and Competitive Campaigns to ensure tactics reflect the everchanging digital landscape and toy industry.
- Supports Marketing/Brand Management leads with budget maintenance.
- Develops digital creative strategy including new and ongoing initiatives, campaigns and thematic concepts to meet business objectives and KPIʼs.
- Oversees and manages department functions including but not limited to:
- Digital Marketing – strategy and management of all earned, paid and owned initiatives across all brands and product lines. Including Corporate Brand needs.
- Social Media – effectively manages Social Media pages and community, protecting Basic Fun!’s image, reputation and driving awareness/engagement/conversion.
- Website – development, maintenance, account management.
- Asset Management - inclusive of all digital assets across company, and integration of assets from outside partners, vendors or acquisitions. Ensure image rights for photoshoots, stock art sites and embargoed assets are carefully managed.
- E-Commerce Support – supports the E-Comm team with all digital asset requests/needs including photography, video and copy.
- Content Creation – inclusive of product photography, lifestyle photography, graphics & video for Digital, Web, Social Media, PR, Promotions, E-commerce, tutorials, sales sizzles and other assets to be developed as needed.
- Photo/Video Shoot Management – turnkey internal and external photoshoots and video shoots for digital, packaging and other promotional needs.
- Agency Partnerships -- work hand in hand with Agency Partners including PR, Digital Media Buying agencies, Marketing Service providers, freelancers and consultants to maximize results.
- Pitch Tool Development – supports sales requests for top tier brands and product lines. Shared responsibility with brand managers.
- PR/Influencer Marketing – support and manage day-to-day needs to maximize exposure and digital presence.
- Sample Management – order, manage, pack and track all department sample needs including PR/Promotional Events/Video and Photoshoots.
- Database Management – ensure all vendor, media and consumer lists are organized and kept up to date.
- Events and Activations – support the planning and execution of promotional and company events.
- Other duties may be added as needed.
- Works with Marketing/Brand Management/Brand Development team to:
- Create effective promotional and digital campaigns.
- Develop a measuring system alongside brand managers to determining the success of each digital marketing program alongside Marketing and Sales counterparts.
- Arm distributors and international partners with brand assets and ensure their campaigns align to launch strategies in North America.
- Direct and manage print ad planning and t/o.
- Analyze and plan product marketing strategies to support to grow sales, increase profitability, identify market opportunities and maintain high-quality customer service standards.
- Supports Product Development and Customer Service teams to ensure that annual line plan supports business objectives with respect to revenue, product margin, distribution & profit goals.
- Supports Global Sales Team by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations, including development of special products, account-specific promotions, in-store support and key account sales presentations.
- Develops company marketing policies and communicate those policies to the entire organization. Creates and polices through benchmarking, consumer insights, competitive analysis, content positioning and style guides.
- Ability to travel to key tradeshows and events as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or equivalent experience and training. MBA helpful.
- 5+ years in brand management and 2+ years directing the work of others
- Consumer products experience.
If you are interested in working with us, but do not see the position you desire listed above, apply anyways! We can see where your skills fit best within our growing company. * Required Fields