Work and play, every day!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you’re passionate about the toy industry and like to have fun, please get in touch!
Position: Digital Marketing Specialist
Reporting to: Marketing Services Manager
Manage the day-to-day execution of all trade and consumer-facing digital marketing including but not limited to managing social media, digital advertising, web, influencer (earned & paid) and e-commerce needs. Working collaboratively with cross functional teams to drive sales and meet company objectives.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with outside agencies and vendors.
- Translate brand and product positioning and online marketing strategies into effective campaigns.
- Curate, manage, schedule and share relevant content across the company's digital outlets.
- Ability to take a project from initial designs through to production.
- Consistently and successfully deliver workflow for content creation on time and on target.
- Collaborate with brand management and sales teams to leverage the audiences of our licensing partners and retailers to drive sales and promotions.
- Run and monitor social media ad campaigns, boosted posts, promotions, etc.
- Collaborate on creating 360 marketing plans for the company’s product lines.
- Manage aspects of the global marketing budget that relate to digital.
- Handle copywriting needs across the marketing services department.
- Partner with sales team to capitalize on new opportunities across e-commerce platforms.
- Develop and deploy content to commerce strategies both on and off platform.
- Collaborate with marketing services team on content strategy.
- Create and maintain content calendar for all social media platforms.
- Engage with fans and followers to elevate brand presence. Ensure brand voice is maintained across all platforms.
- Track competitive brands, viral trends and best in-class content.
- Develop strategies to grow social media following including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and other emerging platforms.
- Research new cutting-edge platforms and how to leverage them.
- Review social media, digital advertising, influencer and web analytics. Prepare reports and circulate to key stakeholders on recurring basis.
- Leverage social listening and analysis across all platforms.
- Provide recaps and insights post campaign.
- Develop pitch tools for sales utilizing historical data and future plans.
- Work with agency partners on all influencer campaigns to asses talent and content, managing campaign from start to finish.
- Coordinate sample and shipping initiatives to execute campaigns.
- Foster relationships with influencers online and at events.
- Serve as an evangelist for the Basic Fun! story and showcase company culture as applicable to digital initiatives.
- Support HR in talent recruitment and company marketing across platforms like Linkedin and Wikipedia.
- Oversee interns, contractors and junior level staff members.
- Document process, workflow and support project management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- A love of toys and having fun!
- The ideal candidate should have a BA or BS degree.
- 5+ year work experience.
- Organizational ninja with the ability to handle many projects/deadlines concurrently.
- Ability to partner and excel in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of content creation (talent for storytelling is a plus).
- Live and breathe social media platforms and have an eye for spotting trends.
- Software proficient with Microsoft office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms and scheduling tools.
- A strong desire to learn and receive feedback and showcase a great attitude in a fast-paced environment.
Position: Sr. Director Brand Marketing – Vehicles & Construction Reporting to: SVP Marketing
The Senior Director Brand Marketing is responsible for providing the forward-looking Brand strategy, leading, planning and executing all brand management, marketing and development activities for assigned Product Lines, including TONKA, K’NEX & LINCOLN LOGS. Acting as the hub for these Iconic brands, this important role collaborates with Sales, Product Development, Brand Development, Marketing Services, Creative Services, Operations and other cross-functional teams to achieve successful results.
Strong leadership and relationship management skills are essential, along with storytelling, strategic thinking and project management abilities.
- Provide leadership for all aspects of the product commercialization process for assigned Product Lines/brands, ensuring the integrity of product launch milestones; target cost/margins requirements and quality and safety standards, while delivering market-relevant product solutions with a strong price/value perception.
- Key architect for driving the comprehensive brand strategy
- Management of the development lifecycle working closely with the Product Development, Creative Services, Sales, Marketing Services and Brand Development teams.
- Create strategic line plans, forecasts and growth plans for assigned Product Lines.
- Create and manage marketing plans, budgets and analysis for those initiatives.
- Act as the Brand/Product ambassador to both internal and external constituencies.
- Key Liaison for licensor relationship for assigned Product Lines, maximizing partnership potential.
- Identify and recommend consumer-focused product marketing trends, competitive threats and new product and packaging opportunities and strategies to drive growth of new and existing product categories.
- Continually assess the merchandise mix and performance of assigned product lines/brands within the context of the brand’s annual Line Plan expectations and make revisions/recommendations, as warranted.
- Support the company’s ongoing R&D initiatives by participating in scouting, sourcing, and validating new technologies, concepts, materials, to drive innovation and value for the company’s Product Portfolio.
- Promote a collaborative atmosphere with the company’s Hong Kong office staff throughout all phases of the Product Commercialization process.
- Support Business Development pitches for new license acquisitions, as required.
- Research the competitive set as well as new marketing tactics and activations.
- Develop pitch tools to engage sales force and regularly communicate updates.
- Create narratives that cleverly weave together the brand, consumer and the business objectives.
- Translate strategy into integrated marketing plans, campaign strategy, and consumer experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups (media planning, PR, Digital, Social Media, etc.) to drive strategic marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Develop / Manage internal guidelines, brand assets to enable the organization to execute against the approved Brand Plans.
- Partner with all related teams to ensure there is consistent Brandprint messaging across all trade and consumer-facing mediums.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and Sales teams to ensure the brands and product lines are properly represented on e-commerce sites.
- Develop metrics and methodology to track and measure brand health and the success of each launch cycle and marketing campaigns.
- Lead, mentor and oversee associate level staff
- Self-starter that can develop processes to promote best practices for brand planning and management
- Experience with creating, launching and/or revamping national or global consumer brands in a variety of context and scenarios
- Experience managing a brand across a brand life-cycle
- Comfortable in a fast paced, self-starter environment
- Proven experience in leading multiple strategic projects involving internal and external resources/partners
- Practical knowledge of the product development and manufacturing functions as it relates to the product commercialization process.
- Expert in utilizing a number of different methodologies to understand consumers, identify opportunity areas and drive cohesive experiences
- Highly organized, attention to detail; ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Strong Presentation skills
- Minimum of 7-years experience in marketing, brand management or communications arena
- Bachelors degree in marketing is preferred.
- Ability to partner and excel in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Experience working in the consumer goods industry, Toy industry experience – specifically in the Vehicles and/or Construction space, is desirable.
- Ability to travel to trade shows, events and meetings
- Strong Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel skills
- Full-time position located at company’s office in Boca Raton, FL
About Basic Fun!
Basic Fun! is a dynamic global marketer of classic and innovative children’s entertainment products for today’s kids. The company plays in many core toy categories including classic heritage toys, novelty collectibles, building toys, youth electronics, plush, vehicles, dolls and activity/discovery. Basic Fun!’s key brands include: Care Bears, Cutetitos, Pound Puppies, Tonka, K’NEX, Lite-Brite, Fisher-Price Classics, Mash’ems, Playhut, Ant Farm, Arcade Classics and many more!