Basic Fun! is a dynamic global designer and marketer of classic, innovative children’s entertainment products and we strive to bring smiles to people of all ages. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio are sold by leading retailers and distributors in over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to market strategy with a strong presence online, in store and in family entertainment venues. The Company is proud to have valued licensing partnerships to include Hasbro, Disney, Mattel, Nintendo, Netflix, Coca Cola, Universal, Cloudco Entertainment, NFL and NBA. Basic Fun! has a portfolio of powerhouse brands that include Care Bears™, Tonka®, Lite Brite®, K’nex®, Lincoln Logs®, Tinker Toys®, Playhut®, Uncle Milton®, Fisher Price Classics®, Mash’ems® and Littlest Pet Shop®. All of us at Basic Fun! are dedicated to enriching lives and creating unforgettable moments through imaginative play.
In collaboration with the VP Global Brand Marketing, this position is expected to be a key business contributor for the company by taking ownership of the executional day-to-day product marketing needs for select brand(s) and work with sales, product management, creative services and other teams to achieve successful results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Core Role
- Manage executional, day-to-day product, marketing and business functions for team’s assigned product lines.
- Product Management
- With direction from Manager, manage Line Plans and execute elements of the product commercialization process for assigned brands / product lines, including collaboration with PD team; creating/ managing Product Start Forms, assisting in driving development to the product launch milestones; costing targets, margin requirements while delivering market-relevant product solutions with a strong price/value proposition.
- Manage the flow of information and communications with PD team and HKG office for assigned brands / product lines.
- Research market and industry trends, compile and provide updated trend and competitive information to aid product line and brand strategy.
- Brand & Sales Management
- Assist with maintaining the established visual personality and brand identity for all assigned brands/product lines.
- In collaboration with the Manager, assist in driving packaging and graphic design direction with the Creative Services team.
- Manage submission process for product approvals with licensors in a timely and precise manner for assigned brands / product lines. Proactively follow-up and communicate updates.
- Play a key role in managing brand information to Sales team including presentation materials, Brand Decks, etc.
- Oversee the flow of Product samples required for sales presentations, trade shows, commercial shoots and PR activities for assigned Product Lines. Monitor, track and communicate status.
- Track category trends and retail environments; use intel to help direct priorities and advise Manager or Team accordingly.
- Within the first 90 days, learn the fundamentals of tracking and analyzing wholesale forecasts and retail POS with a keen eye on patterns, shifts and the so-what to help advise actionable plans for the business.
- Marketing Communication
- Play a key role in executing each brand’s go-to-market strategy with the opportunity to lead various tactics (select PR, social media, promotions, events, digital projects, etc.).
- Assist in the development of outbound communications, including Web copy and layout execution, trade show messaging, online advertising, print advertising, social media and sales collateral materials for assigned brands / product lines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing
- Must have 1-2 years of relevant marketing, brand or product management experience.
- Passionate individual who is a self-starter and can promote best practices for brand planning and management.
- Experience in leading multiple strategic projects involving internal and external resources/partners.
- Knowledge of the product development and manufacturing functions as it relates to the product commercialization process.
- Must be able to demonstrate interest in toys and/or children’s entertainment products through professional or personal means.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills; experience with Microsoft suite is required.
- Highly organized and efficient. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment. Easily adapt to shifts in priorities; ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Ability to work effectively across different teams, departments, and third parties.
- Experience selling /presenting to retail buyers, Toy category experience preferred.
- Experience in trade shows, product & lifestyle photography shoots, consumer insights
- Ability to travel, as needed.
Full-time on-site position located at our company’s headquarter offices in Boca Raton, Florida.
We believe strongly in the philosophy that we are Better Together and that the collaboration and teamwork of being with each other in the office supports our culture the best. For this reason, we work in the office Monday through Thursday. We have chosen Friday as our weekly remote workday as we believe it to be the day that is most beneficial and effective for Basic Fun! and our employees.
OUR CORE VALUES!
- We Love Delivering WOW!
- Act with Integrity and Do the Right Thing.
- Inspire Passion for Creativity and Innovation.
- Be Disciplined to Create Lasting Impact.
- Play, Have Fun and Laugh Together.
- Embrace Humility.
- Pursue Growth and Learning.
- Hustle and Act with a Sense of Urgency.
- Commit to Excellence.
- Gratitude Keeps Us Grounded.
Basic Fun! is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud of our inclusive culture.