Basic Fun! is a dynamic global designer and marketer of classic, innovative children’s entertainment products and we strive to bring smiles to people of all ages. Our iconic brands and broad product portfolio are sold by leading retailers and distributors in over 60 countries around the world. Basic Fun! has an omni-channel go-to market strategy with a strong presence online, in store and in family entertainment venues. The Company is proud to have valued licensing partnerships to include Hasbro, Disney, Mattel, Nintendo, Netflix, Coca Cola, Universal, Cloudco Entertainment, NFL and NBA. Basic Fun! has a portfolio of powerhouse brands that include Care Bears, Tonka, Lite Brite, K’nex, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, Playhut, Uncle Milton, Fisher Price Classics, Mash’emsand Littlest Pet Shop. All of us at Basic Fun! are dedicated to enriching lives and creating unforgettable moments through imaginative play.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Product Development, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record managing design projects from concept to completion, outlining timelines, hitting key milestones, analyzing cost sheets, and coming up with recommendations to make sure target costs are met. The candidate must have great communication skills, capable of articulating and coordinating critical project details to a wide range of recipients. High functioning with minimal direction while enjoying the ability to manage aspects of the business. The candidate must also be well organized, energetic and possess a positive, professional solution finding attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Someone who’s willing to do all parts of the product development process as well as manage the daily communications with Asia.
- Ability to take a project from initial designs through to production.
- Create drawings, sketches, and renderings to convey new concepts and ideas to engineering, marketing, packaging, and management, making sure the cost meets the criteria.
- Create 3D mock-ups and kit-bashed models to communicate scale and function if necessary.
- Prepare control drawings, parts lists, and descriptions for the construction of prototypes and tooling models.
- Work on concept development with an understanding of cost and the mechanical engineering aspects of product development.
- Apply industrial design excellence in the application of color and creation of form and surface.
- Participate in formal and informal reviews and brainstorming sessions to generate new product ideas.
- Work as a team player.
- Work with outside vendors to supplement internal development resources.
- Frequently visiting toy stores to review the competition and comment on any new opportunities.
- Great sense of aesthetics: Ability to identify the essence of a style and apply it to form across a variety of different brand styles.
- Facilitate Sales and Trade Show presentation samples.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited industrial design, toy design or related degree
- 8+ years’ experience in professional industrial design in the toy industry.
- Sketching skills: High ability to conceive and clearly communicate 3D objects in 2D space.
- Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop programs.
- Knowledge on Word, excel and Power Point.
- Solidworks, Keyshot are a plus.
- Full-time on-site position located at our company’s headquarter offices in Boca Raton, Florida.
We believe strongly in the philosophy that we are Better Together and that the collaboration and teamwork of being with each other in the office supports our culture the best. For this reason, we work in the office Monday through Thursday. We have chosen Friday as our weekly remote workday as we believe it to be the day that is most beneficial and effective for Basic Fun! and our employees.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We Love Delivering WOW!
- Act with Integrity and Do the Right Thing.
- Inspire Passion for Creativity and Innovation.
- Be Disciplined to Create Lasting Impact.
- Play, Have Fun and Laugh Together.
- Embrace Humility.
- Pursue Growth and Learning.
- Hustle and Act with a Sense of Urgency.
- Commit to Excellence.
- Gratitude Keeps Us Grounded.
Basic Fun! is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud of our inclusive culture.